[Buildroot] Report from the Buildroot Developer Day

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Fri Nov 18 17:51:22 UTC 2011

On Friday 18 November 2011 11:04:58 Bjørn Forsman wrote:
> Thomas P. had some concerns about the patch not handling staging-dir
> and I never got around fixing that.
>
> Should I resubmit even if the patch doesn't address the staging-dir issue?

 I consider clean-staging less important than clean-target.  Having things lingering around in staging is usually not a problem, except for the presence of some header or .pc of a library that is no longer present.  Normally buildroot should disable old that in the configure step, but of course you can never be sure.

 To implement a clean-staging, we'll probably need to use the copy-to-staging step of the external toolchains for all toolchains.

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540