[Buildroot] support for TI PandaBoard?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Nov 22 22:02:32 UTC 2011

Le Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:28:35 +0100,
"Dechesne, Nicolas" <n-dechesne at ti.com> a écrit :

> is there anyone (actively) working on getting Panda support in
> buildroot? Google tells there has been some attempts in the past (
> http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2011-May/042939.html)...

Philippe Reynes did contribute patches in the past. It took a while to
merge his x-loader patches because I took this opportunity to extend
the package infrastructure to the bootloaders build and the Linux
kernel build. And then, I never got to the point of merging the Panda
defconfig, which I anyway wouldn't have been able to test since I don't
have a Panda.

Therefore, updated patches to add Panda support are definitely welcome.

> Also, while making this config, I realized that there is no support
> for u-boot&SPL in buildroot, that might be a good thing to add as
> well in that process..

It would certainly be worthwhile. Down the road, we might also need to
work on some device tree stuff in Buildroot as well.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons