[Buildroot] Adding Microblaze support to Buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Nov 23 13:54:48 UTC 2011

Le Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:09:53 +0100,
Stephan Hoffmann <sho at relinux.de> a écrit :

> To which extend do you expect individual packages being tested on the
> different architectures?

On Blackfin, there are many packages that don't build, because they
simply cannot build on !MMU systems. Our goal is to progressively add
the "depends on BR2_USE_MMU" on all packages that need a MMU to
build/work properly.

So, it's definitely not a problem if not all packages have not been
tested with Microblaze. I'll add a Microblaze toolchain into my
Buildroot testing stuff, it will raise issues, and we will fix them as
we go.

> By now I have a busybox only configuration that can boot with the
> U-Boot available from the Avnet website.
>
> I can send a patch against buildroot's next branch if desired.

Excellent. Would be good to have :

 * A patch adding the general Microblaze support

 * A patch that adds some defconfig for the Microblaze board you have

 * It would be even better if another patch could add a defconfig for
   the Microblaze Qemu emulation, so that those not having a
   Microblaze board can test.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons