[Buildroot] Adding Microblaze support to Buildroot

Stephan Hoffmann sho at relinux.de
Wed Nov 23 15:46:03 UTC 2011

Am 23.11.2011 14:54, schrieb Thomas Petazzoni:
> Le Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:09:53 +0100,
> Stephan Hoffmann <sho at relinux.de> a écrit :
>
>> To which extend do you expect individual packages being tested on the
>> different architectures?
> On Blackfin, there are many packages that don't build, because they
> simply cannot build on !MMU systems. Our goal is to progressively add
> the "depends on BR2_USE_MMU" on all packages that need a MMU to
> build/work properly.

In fact, my Microblaze is with MMU since Xilinx only supports linux with
mmu.
> Excellent. Would be good to have :
>
>  * A patch adding the general Microblaze support
>
>  * A patch that adds some defconfig for the Microblaze board you have
I'll send these in one patch if that's O.K. There ia also a new kernel
defconfig, because the defconfig supplied with the kernel does not work
for my configuration.
>  * It would be even better if another patch could add a defconfig for
>    the Microblaze Qemu emulation, so that those not having a
>    Microblaze board can test.
That's a real good idea, I'll work on this later.

Stephan

--
reLinux     -    Stephan Hoffmann
Am Schmidtgrund 124    50765 Köln