[Buildroot] commit bf4465 (ncurses: fix hanging installation due to old version of tic)

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:20:33 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 10:59 PM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a configuration where I'm:
> - using an external toolchain
> - not using busybox
> - selecting a very small number of starter packages
>
> When I record the build and look at the steps involved it starts off
> looking like the following:
>
> Since ncurses and host-ncurses use the autotools I was just wondering
> if it was an oversight that they're not first building and using
> host-autotools.

The autoconf and automake script are only needed to recreate the
configure script and Makefiles, after you manually changed any of the
input files (configure.ac or Makefile.am). In most cases, you do not
change these files, and the configure script and Makefile files
distributed with the package are in line with the corresponding input
files. So, host-autoconf and host-automake are not built.

The <pkg>_AUTORECONF variable can be set to YES to force recreation of
the configure script and Makefiles, in which case these tools will be
built.