[Buildroot] MySQL Server Package, help needed

Michael S. Zick minimod at morethan.org
Mon Nov 28 12:50:18 UTC 2011

On Mon November 28 2011, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Andrea Benini <andreabenini at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> > I've used buildroot and uclibc for a while and I'm now stucked with a
> > package I'd like to build.
> > Target Architecture: i386, variant: i686. Buildroot 2011.08 stable
> > I'd like to add MySQL to the package list, I'd like to have a MySQL daemon
> > installed (mysqld), not just the client interface.
> > MySQL Server is not yet supported due to cross compiling issues I suppose.
> > I was wondering if someone else has a ready made package for MySQL, I've
> > tried several solutions grabbed all around after a lot of google searches
> > (from: Voltz, Zuerker, fork on googlecode, and few tips taken from Oracle)
> > but I'm still stuck here due to different compiling issues. I've tried to
> > build my own package as well but MySQL seems to be tricky to handle in a
> > toolchain. So I'm still stuck at the starting point.
> > Is there someone else that has already maded it with 2011.08 buildroot ? may
> > I see package files for it ?
>
> I didn't attempt to build MySQL with Buildroot.
> But, I suggest you describe the problems you experience in more
> detail, then maybe someone on the list can help.
>
> Btw, have you seen this:
> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Linux_Cross_Compilation

While reading that with an eye towards using that information in a
Buildroot port (if you are thinking of doing that)...

I recall that the subject of "stack direction" has come up
here in the past.

I think that the only "stack grows up" cpu that the Linux Kernel
supports is HP, PA-RISC.  Since PA-RISC isn't a Buildroot target,
it should be safe to hard code "stack direction" as "grows down".

It is always possible that has changed, so to be certain, check
the most recent Linux kernel sources.

Mike