[Buildroot] LIBFOO_SITE in .mk file

Michael S. Zick minimod at morethan.org
Mon Nov 28 17:39:34 UTC 2011

On Mon November 28 2011, Jeff Krasky wrote:
> > Woops, you're right, my bad. The manual is obvisouly correct.
> >
> > You should use :
> >
> > ETHERCAT_VERSION = 3.3
> > ETHERCAT_SITE = http://foobar.com/somewhere/
> > ETHERCAT_SOURCE = ethercat-$(ETHERCAT_VERSION).tar.bz2
> >
> > Why are you using a local directory ? You *really* should be using a
> > tarball available from http or ftp so that you can later contribute
> > your package to Buildroot.
>
> Because I don't want just the default source of EtherCAT built into the
> Linux image.  Lets say I want to modify something in the examples directory
> of EtherCAT.  For instance, I had to modify the sample code and rebuild.  So
> what I want is this "rebuilt" version of EtherCAT, with customized example
> code, as part of the Linux image.  If I point at the EtherCAT website, that
> won't be the correct version.  The EtherCAT examples development will occur
> on the same machine that Buildroot is on, hence why I like the local
> filesystem solution.

The typical way to handle that is to create a patch of the difference
between your local version and the download version;
Then let the build system apply the patch.

> So any thoughts on why it is not finding the file?

Try a "make clean" then try again.
The missing file was reported to be the downloaded (*/dl/* directory)
the system may have that marked as already downloaded.

Mike