[Buildroot] How to create package that build with scons

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Oct 5 06:45:50 UTC 2011

Le Tue, 4 Oct 2011 18:20:16 +0200,
Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> a écrit :

>  'make host-scons' works for me...
>
>  There is currently no package that depends on scons, but I guess
> that it was used by some private package of Thomas (or one of his
> customers).

Not for a private package. I submitted as part of a patchset that
included packages for the disko multimedia framework and its demo
programs. However, Peter had some comments of my disko/disko-demos
packages, and he did merge only the scons package. I haven't (yet)
found the time to adjust the disko/disko-demos packages and to submit
them. This explains why there is a host-scons package that isn't used
by any package in the tree.

But at least, with this host-scons package, I was able to build fine
other packages relying on the Scons build system.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons