[Buildroot] Some topics for the Buildroot Developer Day

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Wed Oct 26 13:05:55 UTC 2011

On 26.10.2011 09:48, Yegor Yefremov wrote:

> was such an issue as firmware support already discussed? There is
> such a repo
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/dwmw2/linux-firmware.git
> containing firmware for a broad set of devices. If we could make an
> infrastructure for this repo it would be very easy to use it projects
> without a need to manually copy those files. What do you think about
> it?
>
> Yegor

There used to be release/snapshot tarballs in kernel.org before the
debacle.
My $.02 is that we could just do it as a package with a huge option
list for each firmware file(s) required for different drivers/devices.
I'd go for a smaller subset to begin with since there are firmware
files for SAN controllers and other big iron stuff that probably are't
the target for buildroot.
Regards.