[Buildroot] Any plans to add ipkg/opkg to generate *.ipk/*.opk after package compilation?

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 06:18:06 UTC 2011

Hi Ivan,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 6:25 PM, Ivan Wagner <ivan.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> are there any plans to add support for automatic ipk/opk files
> creation after the package's compilation process?

Buildroot currently doesn't monitor which files are installed by each
package. I think that this is a prerequisite for ipkg/opkg.

The question was raised whether we should modify this, see the thread
'Some topics for the Buildroot Developer Day':
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2011-October/046998.html

The Buildroot developer day is tomorrow, Saturday. We'll have to see
what the outcome of this topic is.