[Buildroot] [git commit] boot: get rid of toplevel submenus

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Sep 19 06:54:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

 >> Sub options are indented anyway, so no need for empty menus / force
 >> people to enter sub menus to see configuration options.

 Thomas> My preference was the old way. Even if suboptions are indented,  I
 Thomas> think it's a mess in menuconfig to have the U-Boot suboptions in the
 Thomas> middle of the bootloader list.

I find the empty submenus when E.G. u-boot isn't enabled pretty ugly,
and use of a normal config is by far the most used option - E.G:

git grep '^menuconfig '|wc -l
10

Out of ~700 packages, bootloaders, filesystems, ..

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard