[Buildroot] udhcpc when link is up

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Apr 5 21:10:36 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Charles" == Charles Krinke <charles.krinke at gmail.com> writes:

 Charles> I guess my "noobness hat" must be worn a second day in that I look at
 Charles> ifplugd and dont quite see the issue. Admiteddly the "noobness hat" is
 Charles> worn because I spend most of my time in u-boot and the kernel, but
 Charles> that is only an excuse.

Have you read http://0pointer.de/lennart/projects/ifplugd/ ?

There isn't much to it. You have to remove the 'auto eth0' line from
/etc/network/interfaces so /etc/init.d/S40network doesn't try to run
udhcpc at bootup. With ifplugd running it will execute
/etc/ifplugd/ifplugd.action <iface> <up|down> whenever it detects a link
change. By default this script will simply call ifup <iface> / ifdown
<iface>.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard