[Buildroot] Problem with apply-patches.sh

Will Newton will.newton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:09:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Ludovic Desroches
<ludovic.desroches at atmel.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Le 04/16/2012 04:40 PM, Will Newton a écrit :
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I noticed that in some cases apply-patches.sh will misbehave if you
>> have a file matching the glob '*.patch' in the top-level directory.
>> For example the patching of binutils fails in this case. The problem
>> is at the line:
>>
>>     support/scripts/apply-patches.sh $(@D)
>> $($(PKG)_DIR_PREFIX)/$(RAWNAME)/$(NAMEVER) \*.patch \*.patch.$(ARCH)
>>
>> in package/Makefile.package.in. The glob gets expanded prematurely (to
>> e.g. myfile.patch) and then the expanded glob is passed to
>> apply-patches.sh which will fail to find any patches matching the
>> glob. I've had a go at trying to stop this happening but with no
>> success so far. Can anyone think of any creative ways to suppress this
>> expansion?
>>
>> Thanks,
>

> I see what you mean but I can't reproduce your issue:

Hi Ludovic, thanks for the quick response!

Did you have a dummy patch file in the top-level? e.g.:

# cd buildroot
# touch mypatch.patch
# make

For me that causes the patch patterns passed to apply-patches.sh to
look like: mypatch.patch *.patch.arm. The arch specific glob in this
case does not match anything so it remains unexpanded.