[Buildroot] where to commit a kernel modification?

Ezequiel García elezegarcia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 17:48:31 UTC 2012

Hi Johann,

2012/4/24 MERCADIER Johann <johann.mercadier at imerir.com>:
> Hi Arnout & Ezequiel,
>   and thanks for your reply.
>   I wanted to be sure to do the right think. I will commit this patch before
> the end of this week.

Just a few advises:
1. Don't forget to run ./script/checkpatch.pl and
./script/get_maintainers.pl to your patch before submit.
The latter will tell you who should you send the patch to.
2. Kernel is divided in subsystems, and you should base your patches
in a specific git tree,
according to the subsystem you'll be patching.
3. Try to avoid top posting in the future, kernel devs don't like it.
4. Don't get discouraged if you get NACKS at first.

Good luck ;)
Ezequiel.