[Buildroot] msgpack-python (0.1.10) and libmsgpack (0.5.7) packaged for buildroot-2011.11

Wojciech Zabolotny wzab01 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 15:17:44 UTC 2012

On Fri Jul 13 21:13:31 UTC 2012
Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com  wrote:

| Could you send a proper Git patch that contains all the needed
| modification? We have a quick start guide on using Git to contribute to
| Buildroot at http://elinux.org/Buildroot_how_to_contribute. If you have
| questions about this, don't hesitate to ask.

I've tried to. However of course following the procedure described on
http://elinux.org/Buildroot_how_to_contribute
I've added my patch to the newest version of Buildroot.
In this case it could be possible to use newer version of msgpack-python
(and make the package dependent on python-setuptools).
Also someone better skilled in Buidlroot packaging could make the libmsgpack
C++ support configurable (I had to simply switch it off).

BTW. I can see the description message generated by the git in the
last buildroot Digest,
but not the patches themselves. Is it normal?

Wojtek