[Buildroot] glibc instead of ulibc ?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Aug 2 19:42:37 UTC 2012

Hello,

Le Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:38:35 -0700 (PDT),
Zoran Djordjevic <djdjdjole at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> Excuse me, Thomas, but I don't know exactly the meaning of  "keeping
> the Buildroot list in Cc", however hope this way is OK.

It is correct. You kept the list in copy of our discussion, which is
good.

> Shortly as possible - I build Tiny X with Buildroot for ARM and it
> works on target, including your gtk-demo.Now I try building my own
> simple GUI - gtk program (Lazarus iz Delphi like IDE - it works
> OK for me in Linux- i386 and could be adjusted for cross compilation
> including ARM). I use it at Ubuntu 11.04. For cross compiling, I
> use target libraries (X11, pango, ...), built as described. However,
> I probably make some mistake in first pass, and in second attempt
> (few hours ago) the only error reported, AT THE MOMENT, is (like
> first time): undefined refernece to __libc_start_main. Here
> http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2006-June/015659.html I
> found some statement that uClibc does not have that function (but
> glibc yes). I am aware that this question is maybe more related to
> other forums, but part of it MAYBE to uClibc. So don't bother too
> much with this problem, just hoped that it was already recorded
> matter.

If you don't provide all the details needed to reproduce your problem,
there's no way we can help you. So, please provide:

 *) Your Buildroot configuration and version
 *) The exact command lines you use to build your Lazarus program
 *) An example of Lazarus program that exhibits the problem

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons