[Buildroot] [RFC] "select" vs. "depends on" : a proposal for a workaround

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Aug 10 21:30:32 UTC 2012

Le Thu, 9 Aug 2012 12:57:02 +0100,
Alex Bradbury <asb at asbradbury.org> a écrit :

> Is that "I'd prefer to see a patch to add this functionality to
> buildroot's kconfig?".

Yes.

And of course, as Yann said, a functionality added to the mainline
kconfig so that we don't have to carry this (most likely complicated)
modification as a patch against the official kconfig.

I started looking at this a bit, but the kconfig code is not that
simple, and so horribly under-documented.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons