[Buildroot] Compiling process

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Aug 22 17:47:10 UTC 2012

Le Wed, 22 Aug 2012 03:18:35 -0700 (PDT),
Zoran Djordjevic <djdjdjole at yahoo.com> a écrit :

> Can someone tell me through an example what compiler line
> should look like for compiling SomeFile.c (or .cpp) using compiler,
> built by Buildroot.

Use the compiler in output/host/usr/bin/<arch>-gcc.

> Also, does Qt need building X server, or it run independently of it ?

No, it can run directly on the framebuffer.

> Does some window manager have to be installed ?

For a simple full screen application, just run your Qt application with
-qws as others mentioned.

If you want to build your Qt application with qmake, then use the qmake
installed in output/host/usr/bin/qmake.

I should probably put together a step-by-step tutorial on how to use
Buildroot to write Qt apps, as this sounds like a popular request.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons