[Buildroot] Problem with NFS boot

Santhosh Ramani srcoolz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 16:38:19 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm using buildroot to create my rootfs for AM335x device and have been
able to successfully boot using an SD Card. However, when I try to use NFS
and boot it always gives me the following

[    3.628326] VFS: Mounted root (nfs filesystem) on device 0:14.
[    3.635009] Freeing init memory: 228K
can't open /dev/null: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/null: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/null: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/null: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/null: No such file or directory
Starting logging: OK
Populating /dev using udev: /etc/init.d/S10udev: line 45: can't create
/proc/sys/kernel/hotplug: nonexistent directory
cannot open /dev/null
done
Starting system message bus: done
Starting network...
ip: RTNETLINK answers: File exists
can't open /dev/ttyO0: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/ttyO0: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/ttyO0: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/ttyO0: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/ttyO0: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/ttyO0: No such file or directory
can't open /dev/ttyO0: No such file or directory

I must clarify that I am using the Linux kernel not built by Buildroot but
by manually building from the TI SDK. So the only thing I use from
Buildroot is the rootfs..it works fine when I untar it on my sd card, but
doesn't seems to work over the network  Also I've selected udev option in
buildroot.

Thanks for your replies.
Regards

Ssanthosh

--
Greater the Difficulty....Sweeter is the Victory