[Buildroot] (no subject)

Ted Wood ted at fgh.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 14:06:11 UTC 2012

We're completely new to Embedded Linux, and were hoping to use Buildroot as
the basis for a new project.

I'm using the November 2012 release.

I'm trying to build for an i586 using the internal toolchain. The make fails
with the error "It appears you have defined _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64.
Unfortunately uLibc was built without large file support"

I'm pretty sure I didn't request that when I was doing menuconfig. Web
search suggests that this problem has occurred elsewhere.

Anything you can suggest?

Cheers

Ted

Ted Wood MSc CEng

Chief Engineer

cid:bc29d615-e5df-4082-baad-917a15f44dde

FGH Controls Limited

Blackhorse Road

Letchworth Garden City, Herts

SG6 1HN

UK

Telephone: +44 (0)1462 686677 Ext. 7112

Fax:       +44 (0)1462 671860

web site:   <http://www.fgh.co.uk/> www.fgh.co.uk

Registered Office:

Blackhorse Road, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 1HN, UK

Registered in England No. 1298491.  VAT Reg No. GB 563 4971 15