[Buildroot] Qt library difference between E.so and just .so

Thiago A. Corrêa thiago.correa at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:43:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 11:44 PM, Santhosh Ramani <srcoolz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Thiago,
>
> Thanks a lot for your response, I thought about it too. I actually changed
> the qk.mk to copy all the E version files, instead to see if the the example
> would run, and then I got this error:
>
> error while loading shared libraries: libgthread-2.0.so.0: cannot open
>
> Any pointers on this one??

I guess you mean you changed it to copy the binaries from TI SDK?
Other system libraries won't match, such libgthread in this case.

> Also I'm thinking when I compile my Qt applications, I'm gonna use the new
> 4.8.2 library so that the applications don't use the TI version. Would this
> approach work?

Yeah, assuming TI didn't have to change Qt itself, a simple rebuild
using buildroot should work. Actually this has more chances of working
then transfering the binaries.

Kind Regards,
     Thiago A. Correa