[Buildroot] buildroot 2012.11 large file support

Willy Lambert lambert.willy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:43:48 UTC 2012

2012/12/11 Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org>:

>  Willy> Yes, so I just quit it so it leaves the default config (which
>  Willy> seems to have a problem with large file)
>  >>
>  >> Ok, that also works here:
>  >>
>  >> yes '' | make oldconfig
>  >> make
>
> Does that work for you?
>
>  >> Notice that we have a bunch of preconfigured qemu defconfigs (look in
>  >> configs/)
>  >>

>  Willy> thanks for this tips I overlooked that. I'm on a x86 atom so
>  Willy> there is little config to preset.
>
> Is your build machine an atom? If so, beware that your build times are
> going to be quite long. Don't you have access to any faster machines?

Sorry, I was not clear. My *target* is an atom N450 on a PCM-3362
Advantech board :
http://www.advantech.com/products/PCM-3362/mod_2B69DA4C-D506-4AEA-8CC3-F6E58E3CBC87.aspx
If by chance anyone here has worked on this...

My build machine is a quad i5, a bit overclocked, the compilation time
is reasonable.

But for time being I'm just trying to compile a "default" buildroot
and run in into qemu.
(btw I have difficulties to put my RFS, in tgz format (cause it's the
default) into a .img file, is there any Buildroot hints for this, or
should I switch to other "RFS  image output format")