[Buildroot] Vector Buildroot Logo

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Fri Dec 21 12:49:41 UTC 2012

On 20/12/12 19:54, Shawn J. Goff wrote:
> I've been working on a vector Buildroot logo. You can see it here:
> http://i.imgur.com/BP9K7.png . I have it in SVG format as well, but I'm
> not sure if the list allows image attachments. I went with one that was
> reasonably faithful to the original, then I progressively tried to make
> the logo more like a logo - abstract/symbolic instead of photorealistic.
> Nobody who didn't know would look at the bottom one and say it's a
> hardhat; I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but I definitely prefer the
> simpler one. Any feedback? Would the project maintainers be interested in
> using one of these instead of the current one?

  I like it!

  I'm more in favour of the third one. Only the left corner looks a bit
unnatural (but IANAGD - I am not a graphical designer :-)

  I also prefer the bright yellow of the third one. Removing the shadow
and choosing a narrower typeface looks like a good idea. A sans monospace
font would be nice. Oh, and I'd remove the capital R - we never
capitalize it in reality.

  Regards,
  Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540