[Buildroot] [RFC] python bindings handling

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Feb 2 21:36:22 UTC 2012

 Thomas> Le Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:02:54 +0100,
 Thomas> Yegor Yefremov <yegorslists at googlemail.com> a écrit :

 >> How should we handle Python and other bindings?
 >>
 >> 1. check if Python etc is selected and enable them automatically?
 >> 2. make an option per package containing bindings
 >> 3. something else

 Thomas> I think I would say 2. It's not because you have Python *and* you have
 Thomas> some library that you necessarily want the binding for that lib. Just
 Thomas> make those bindings new Python packages (in the new Python menu you
 Thomas> created!) and that should be good. No?

So you're suggesting to put those BR2_ options in seperate Config.in
files and source them under the Python menu? Hmm, I'm not sure I like
that. Aren't most python bindings very small compared to python / the
libraries they provide bindings for? If so, I think option 1 is nicer
(similar to how we E.G. handle optional openssl support in lots of
places).

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard