[Buildroot] segfault when running a simple c program on env build with buildroot

Eial Czerwacki eial at scalemp.com
Thu Feb 9 14:48:30 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I have a small env built with buildroot based on busybox-1.19.2 and
uclibc-0.9.32.
I've included gcc into it and I'm trying to build and run the following
program but it segfaults:

sh-4.1# cat test.c
int main() { return 0; }
sh-4.1# gcc -o a test.c
sh-4.1# ls -l a
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         11553 Feb  9 07:44 a
sh-4.1# ./a
Segmentation fault
sh-4.1# dmesg | tail -1
<6>[634724.545000] a[24405]: segfault at 0 ip (null) sp bfd8fc7c error 4

my buildroot config is attached and the version in use a snapshot from
the date 10/9/2011.

any ideas why?

Eial.