[Buildroot] External Toolchain: Calculation of SYSROOT_DIR in toolchain/toolchain-external/ext-tool.mk wrong?

Warlich, Christof christof.warlich at siemens.com
Wed Feb 1 12:30:01 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas,

> > Thanks a lot for the offer, but I doubt that it is worth the effort.

> Well, if we can't test it, it's going to be hard to improve Buildroot
> to support this type of toolchain. If you have solved your specific
> problem, it's great, but it would have been ever better to improve the
> mainline Buildroot so that other users in your case would find things
> working nicely :)

I fully agree with you, but when I talked about the amount of effort, I
was referring to the effort that it would take me to convince management
to give away that code. I know from earlier experience how much (useless)
energy that may take.

Considering the hard and good work that you guys are offering for free,
all I can do for now is to sincerely apologize. I would however certainly
be willing to discuss and test any more generic patch if you are still
Interested to put further work into the issue despite the unpleasent
circunstances.

Again, sorry for not being as helpful as I would like to be,

Chris