[Buildroot] Buildroot RFS Login Question

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Feb 9 08:04:21 UTC 2012

Hi,

 >> If you extract the tarball to your nfsroot as root, yes (or use one of
 >> the other filesystem outputs). You are not trying to use output/target
 >> directly, are you?

 Donald> No, I am not. After I create an ext3 filesystem on my SD card
 Donald> (sudo mkfs.ext3 /dev/sdc1 in my case) and mount the newly
 Donald> create filesystem (sudo mount /dev/sdc1 /path/to/mount/point)
 Donald> is do a "sudo tar -xvf rootfs.tar -C /path/to/mount/point".
 Donald> So, when that is all said and done, my filesystem is indeed
 Donald> owned by root, but the setuid bit for /bin/busybox was not set.

Setuid is handled by the device table. Do you have

BR2_ROOTFS_DEVICE_TABLE="target/generic/device_table.txt"

In your Buildroot .config?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard