[Buildroot] Where does post-build script belong?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:06:33 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-28, Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 February 2012 14:54:47 Grant Edwards wrote:
> [snip]
>> I don't want to replace the default skeleton.  I want to add some
>> files to it, and possible modify a few.  The documentation describes
>> two ways to do that:
>>
>>   1) package/customize
>>
>>   2) post-build script
>>
>> I'm told 1) is now depricated, so I'm switching to 2).
>>
>> Where under board/mycompany/myproduct do you put "extra" files that
>> will be added to the standard skeleton?
>
> I put it in board/mycompany/myproduct/skeleton.  Although
> rootfs-additions would be a better name than skeleton.

Ah, perhaps I've misunderstood what a custom skeleton was for the past
several years.  I thought it was the basis for the filesystem.  Is the
custom skeleton something that's _added_ on top of the default
skeleton rather than used in place of it?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! How many retured
                                  at               bricklayers from FLORIDA