[Buildroot] Generating a 32-bit toolchain on a 64-bit machine

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Jan 2 16:05:25 UTC 2012

Le Mon, 2 Jan 2012 16:42:01 +0100,
Thomas De Schampheleire <patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com> a écrit :

> In crosstool-ng I didn't find such an option either...

I did so with crosstool-ng. I created a Debian 32 bits chroot on my 64
bits machine and did the build in here. I had to force ABI=32 to
the ./configure script of GMP to get it to build properly, though,
since it gets confused by the fact of having a 64 bits kernel and a 32
bits userspace. My reason for using a chroot is also because I wanted
the toolchain to be built against an old version of the C library, so
as to be compatible with as many hosts as possible.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons