[Buildroot] Cant type anything into Serial Console login

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Wed Jan 11 15:28:07 UTC 2012

 >> That doesn't seem to match your first mail:
 >>
 >> # Put a getty on the serial port
 >> ttyS0::respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 115200 vt100 # GENERIC_SERIAL

 Jigar> Yep, sorry, I was just testing every ttySx at random. The command line
 Jigar> indeed was with ttyS0 of course, everything in kernel command/serial
 Jigar> console client/inittab/security is coherent with the ttySx I choose.

 Jigar> Same result with both.

What do you mean with 'same result'? From your first mail you mentioned
you got 'Welcome to Buildroot' and a Login prompt. If you boot with
init=/bin/sh you shouldn't get any of that.

I notice you don't provide any root=. What kind of file system are you
trying to boot?

Perhaps just paste the entire boot log.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard