[Buildroot] "configure: error: Can't use static libraries for DRI drivers" attempting to install X11 intel driver

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Sat Jan 21 02:46:05 UTC 2012

On Thursday 19 January 2012 12:42:16 Willy wrote:
> Hi,
> in my buildroot 2011.11 I've tried to install X11 intel video driver.
> After that I get the error:
> "configure: error: Can't use static libraries for DRI drivers"
>
> Even if I deselect X11 intel video driver the error continues to show and
> my building fails every times.
>
> I saw this message:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.uclibc.buildroot/33419
>
> but I don't understand where I could download the patch (if there is one!)
> and how apply to my buildroot.
>
> Regards,

 Buildroot sets SHARED_STATIC_LIBS_OPTS=--enable-static --enable-shared to
build both static and shared libraries, but mesa (and probably others)
can't build both, and will default to static.

 To fix it, add --disable-static to MESA3D_CONF_OPT (in
package/x11r7/mesa3d/mesa3d.mk).  If you have another package with the same
problem, you can fix it in the same way (and please report it on the list).

 Regards,
 Arnout

--
Arnout Vandecappelle                               arnout at mind be
Senior Embedded Software Architect                 +32-16-286540