[Buildroot] Buildroot Developer Day, Friday 3rd February, Brussels

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:03:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Hello,
>
> This is a reminder about the upcoming Buildroot Developer Day, which
> wlil take place on Friday 3rd February in Brussels, just before the
> FOSDEM conference (http://fosdem.org).
>
> As of today, I have received confirmations from the following
> participants:
>
>  * Peter Korsgaard
>  * Arnout Vandecapelle
>  * Thomas De Schampheleire
>  * Luca Ceresoli
>  * Yann E. Morin
>  * myself
>
> The meeting will take place from 9:30 to 18:00 in a location in
> Brussels center that will be communicated to the participants. After
> the Buildroot Developer Day, the participants are invited to continue
> the discussions at the Beer Event organized by the FOSDEM team.
>
> Are there other people interested in participating to this Buildroot
> Developer Day?
>
> So far, no agenda has been defined for this meeting. It would be great
> to discuss a list of topics to be discussed at this developer day.

Some topics we could discuss:

- status of some things that were discussed on the previous BDD
-- send-patches
-- testing infrastructure
-- crosstool-ng integration
-- documentation migration
-- out-of-tree builds
-- website update
-- maintenance process / patchwork
-- relocatable toolchain

- things that may need further discussion:
-- license stuff (report generation, ...)
-- finalization of Acked-by / Signed-off-by / Reviewed-by discussion.
We talked about this before, but as far as I know there was no final
decision as to: we'll do it this way.

- future directions for buildroot
-- deprecate customize package
-- ...

I'll let you know if I think of other things.