[Buildroot] gtk+

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Tue Jul 3 19:07:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

 >> I don't quite understand why pango needs C++ support though. As far as I
 >> know it is written in plain C. The pango Config.in file refers to
 >> freetype:
 >>
 >> depends on BR2_INSTALL_LIBSTDCPP # freetype support
 >>
 >> But freetype itself doesn't depend on C++ support.

 Thomas> I haven't looked in details, but:

 Thomas> commit 1c4dbb5fa7df89731e5d59f680e9dc34f24f8835
 Thomas> Author: Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at sunsite.dk>
 Thomas> Date:   Mon Aug 30 10:02:39 2010 +0200

 Thomas>     pango: needs C++ for freetype handling

 Thomas>     Pango was recently updated to v1.28 as a dependency of
 Thomas>     webkit, but its freetype support has unfortunately been
 Thomas>     rewritten with parts in C++ (since pango 1.25), so adjust
 Thomas>     dependencies of pango and users of it to require C++
 Thomas>     support.

Ahh yes, the harfbuzz text shaping engine:

find -name \*.cc
./pango/opentype/hb-font.cc
./pango/opentype/hb-ot-layout.cc
./pango/opentype/main.cc