[Buildroot] msgpack-python (0.1.10) and libmsgpack (0.5.7) packaged for buildroot-2011.11

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Jul 13 21:13:31 UTC 2012

Hello Wojciech,

Le Sat, 7 Jul 2012 13:58:56 +0100,
Wojciech Zabolotny <wzab01 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I had to add two packages msgpack-python and libmsgpack to my embedded
> system running Linux compiled with buildroot-2011.11
> Unfortunately this version of buildroot does not support setuptools,
> so I couldn't use the msgpack-python v. 0.2.0, and had to use older v.
> 0.1.10.
> As my buildroot is compiled without C++ support, I had also to disable
> the C++ API in libmsgpack.
> Adding of those packages to buildroot required small modifications.
> Attached is the patch, which adds definition for those packages in the
> "package" directory.

Thanks for this work!

Could you send a proper Git patch that contains all the needed
modification? We have a quick start guide on using Git to contribute to
Buildroot at http://elinux.org/Buildroot_how_to_contribute. If you have
questions about this, don't hesitate to ask.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons