[Buildroot] X11

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 13:36:26 UTC 2012

Dear Zoran:

A few things to keep in mind. When building a linux kernel, there are
usually modules and they need to be added to the root filesystem. So,
one cannot build the linux kernel independently from the root file
system. Said differently, make sure you perform a "modules_install"
step with the kernel's INSTALL_MOD_PATH=<buildroot>/output/target and
then a make in buildroot after that.

Your errors make me think the framebuffer and input device are unknown
to your Xorg setup, so I would suspect a configuration of X more
quickly then a buildroot issue. For what it is worth, I am about to
embark on a similar journey this morning with an ARM and buildroot
only Qt instead of X.

Charles

--
Charles Krinke