[Buildroot] Qt on AM3517EVM

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 16:32:34 UTC 2012

Thanks for the encouragement, Julian. I agree on the Qt5 question,
especially as I have a long list of things that need to be done first.

One thing I have been struggling with the the last day or so is the
console. Maybe you have a suggestion.

TI defines their 3rd serial port as the console and their uImage sets
it as "ttyO2" (that's ohh, not zero). Their uImage displays this as it
starts. I can also see that TI's omap-serial.c driver enumerates as a
console. I can also see that if I poke the THR (transmit holding
register) directly on their 3rd uart, I can emit a character.

But, what doesnt work is respawning the console as ttyO2 in inittab or
$ echo "astring" > /dev/ttyO2

So, something else is not quite right. I can boot to linux as long as
I use single user mode.

Any suggestions or comments (including RTFM, although a URL would
help) would be appreciated.

Charles

Charles Krinke