[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2012-07-19

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Fri Jul 20 08:07:38 UTC 2012

Le Fri, 20 Jul 2012 08:31:54 +0200 (CEST),
Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> On 2012-07-19, 127 random build tests have been done and
> submitted on autobuild.buildroot.net.
>  71 builds have been successful
>  56 builds have failed

Maxime Ripard and I had a look at those not very good build results.
Basically, most of the new build failures were caused by two things:

 (*) Luajit failing to build on my build server. This was due to the
     fact that my build server is x86_64, and when Luajit builds for a
     32 bits architecture, it needs a multilib capable compiler. My
     build server simply lacked the libc6-dev-i386 development package.
     It has now been installed, so it should hopefully fix those build
     issues.

     It also means that having a multilib capable compiler is not a
     prerequisite of Buildroot on x86_64, at least to build Luajit for
     32 bits architecture. But I think we were planning to also use it
     to build Grub anyway, so it looks like this is becoming a common
     requirement. So far, we haven't added a test for this in our
     host dependency checking.

 (*) Libfreefare was failing to build after the bump of libnfc. I have
     applied Simon's patch to bump Libfreefare, which from a quick build
     test, is solving this build problem.

Hopefully, tomorrow's results will be better.

Please feel free to investigate some of the other build failures.
Patches welcome.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons