[Buildroot] [git commit] pkg-*targets.mk: factorize and fix $(PKG)_SRCDIR and $(PKG)_BUILDDIR declaration

Samuel Martin s.martin49 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 09:04:17 UTC 2012

Hi Arnout,

2012/7/25 Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be>:
> On 07/22/12 19:28, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
>>
>> +ifndef $(3)_SUBDIR
>> + ifdef $(2)_SUBDIR
>> +  $(3)_SUBDIR = $$($(2)_SUBDIR)
>> + else
>> +  $(3)_SUBDIR ?=
>> + endif
>> +endif
>

>  Actually, I think this should be
>
> $(2)_SUBDIR ?= $$($(3)_SUBDIR))
>
>  There definitely shouldn't be an assignment to $(3)_SUBDIR here,
> and also the whole ifdef construct is unnecessary.
Yep, I messed-up inner-generic-package argument order :/, Thomas fixed it:
http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/commit/?id=8e26abecd00f4899fb122c3eeb03fbdf20cda32e

>> +
>> +$(2)_SRCDIR                   = $$($(2)_DIR)/$$($(2)_SUBDIR)
>> +$(2)_BUILDDIR                 ?= $$($(2)_SRCDIR)
>

>  This looks like a missed refactoring opportunity:
>
> _SRCDIR is still assigned to in pkg-cmake.mk
>
> I don't see why anybody would want to override _BUILDDIR, so the ?= is
> redundant.  And since it's always equal to _SRCDIR, why not just use
> _SRCDIR?
Recently, I played with eigen an tryied to integrate it in BR.
Though it's a header only package using cmake as buid-system, it does
not support in-source-tree build.

So, here I use ?=, in the case someday we implement out-of-source-tree
build; it's easy with cmake, not so easy with autotools, and I have to
think about this for the rest.

Cheers,

--
Sam