[Buildroot] opengl

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jul 25 17:13:43 UTC 2012

Le Wed, 25 Jul 2012 10:02:56 -0700,
Charles Krinke <charles.krinke at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I have a question about opengl and Qt in working with a TI AM3517EVM.
> I can compile and run Qt, no problem, with buildroot, but my
> application guy says opengl will speed up rendering.
>
> In looking at make xconfig, I see that libevas, the Enlightment
> libraries have a opengl sub-setting, which is grayed out. It looks
> like this depends on X11.
>
> My question is "Is there a way to use opengl wtih Qt with buildroot
> and a) how does opengl connect logically with Qt and b) How to enable
> opengl so Qt can use it?"

OpenGL on TI stuff requires the proprietary OpenGL implementation from
TI, and we don't have a package for it in Buildroot at the moment. It
would however be really great to have it packaged, but if you want to
work on it, be ready for a fairly complex adventure. Those proprietary
libraries typically have really nasty build systems, and cause lots of
pain to integrate properly in a build environment like Buildroot.

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons