[Buildroot] Bug on host-only packages

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Jun 11 08:56:21 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have the impression that there is a bug on the download step of
host-only packages: the tarballs are named host-foobar-xxx.tar.gz
instead of just foobar-xxx.tar.gz. For example, in my download
directory, I have:

host-lpc3250loader-1.0.tar.gz
host-omap-u-boot-utils-8aff852322.tar.gz

Even though those don't have target variants (so there is no
problematic consequences to this bug), I think that for consistency
reasons they should be named:

lpc3250loader-1.0.tar.gz
omap-u-boot-utils-8aff852322.tar.gz

Most likely a bug in the GENTARGETS infrastructure. I haven't look at
the code yet, I'm just reporting the issue (don't have the time to dig
into it right now).

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons