[Buildroot] adding a package

Anders Darander anders.darander at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:41:03 UTC 2012

As we're leaving buildroot, it's probably a good idea to move the
discussion to the Yocto Project discussion list:
yocto at yoctoproject.org

On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Kevin Wilson <wkevils at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As said, I need a filesystem for ARM.
>
> Thanks Brauch (and also thanks for Anders Darander)
> I downloaded the tarball for yokto
> project and acted according to the instructions,
>
> However, unless I do not understand something correctly,
> there is a config file named conf/local.conf ;
> In this file you must select a Machine from one
> of with these entries:
>
> #MACHINE ?= "qemuarm"
> #MACHINE ?= "qemumips"
> #MACHINE ?= "qemuppc"
> #MACHINE ?= "qemux86"
> #MACHINE ?= "qemux86-64"
> #
> # There are also the following hardware board target machines included for
> # demonstration purposes:
> #
> #MACHINE ?= "atom-pc"
> #MACHINE ?= "beagleboard"
> #MACHINE ?= "mpc8315e-rdb"
> #MACHINE ?= "routerstationpro"

There is a limited set of supported boards from a standard yocto download.

You should either find a bsp-layer for your board (or a board close
enough), or you'll have to create a machine config yourself.

> However, I am not using a beagleboard, I am using some
> other ARM based board. And it seems to me that using qemuarm is not a
> good choice, as I prefer not to work with qemu emulator,

What board are you using? Something standard/common?

A list of layers available for OpenEmbedded Core (which is what yocto
is based on) is found at http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/LayerIndex.

Cheers,
Anders

--
Anders Darander
EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides