[Buildroot] [git commit] mii-diag: link statically if configured to do so

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sat Jun 30 22:01:32 UTC 2012

>>>>> "Arnout" == Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> writes:

Hi,

 Arnout>  --enable-static should mean that static libraries should be built,
 Arnout> while -static says that the executable should only be linked with
 Arnout> static libraries.  But of course, with all the non-standard autotools
 Arnout> stuff out there, you never know...

 Arnout>  I expect that adding -static to LDFLAGS will break quite a few
 Arnout> packages.  Would it be possible to add a BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB
 Arnout> test to the autobuilds?

I haven't seen any breakage in my (admitted fairly limited) testing, but
it it certainly possible.

I'll add a static builder to the autobuilders now.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard