[Buildroot] Can I use the toolchain build with buildroot, as an external toolchain ?

Vellemans, Noel Noel.Vellemans at visionBMS.com
Thu Mar 22 09:54:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Thomas, gave me a hint on how to make 'full' compiles faster.

<<Thomas Petazzoni>>
>>Another way of speeding up the build is to use an external toolchain
if you're not
>>already using. You can also enable the ccache
>>feature (be sure to have the latest ccache fixes, otherwise ccache is
basically
>>unused).

Q: Can I use a toolchain that has been build with buildroot (before) as
an external toolchain ?

Q: Is this explained somewhere, on how to do this ?

Thanks,
Noel