[Buildroot] Kernel and buildroot in 1MB

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Thu Mar 1 12:18:22 UTC 2012

>>>>> "bifferos" == bifferos  <bifferos at yahoo.co.uk> writes:

 bifferos> Hi,

 bifferos> So far I have been using buildroot only to extract the
 bifferos> busybox binary and use it with my own hand-crafted rootfs,
 bifferos> because pretty much any binaries other than busybox put me
 bifferos> over the limit.  It would be nice to use the buildroot
 bifferos> filesystem as generated, so my question is this: If I build a
 bifferos> busybox statically linked to uclibc, how can I remove *all*
 bifferos> the other binaries, e.g. uclibc .so?  Or does the build
 bifferos> system not support that?

The .so files shouldn't get installed into target if you select
BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LINK, but in case there's some leftover extra you can
just remove it with a post-build script.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard