[Buildroot] adding a new machine configuration

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Mar 1 13:39:34 UTC 2012

Le Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:07:48 +0200,
Roland <rolandu at gmail.com> a écrit :

> I have created a new machine configuration file.
>
> Target is Voipac iMX25 module ( http://voipac.com/#X25-DMM-254 ).
>
> I'm gonna also create one for iMX51.
>
> The problem is, the generated filesystem image won't work if don't
> change the fs/ubinize.cfg file (problem with alignment). And
> currently it's not possible to edit ubinize.cfg file in the buildroot
> configuration file.

I guess you're talking about the vol_alignment parameter, is this
correct?

> I'm interested in sharing the config and other files so, it can be
> merged to buildroot's git.
> But it's probably not possible until ubinize.cfg is configurable.
>
> Any comments by the people, who have commit access?

You can simply add a new configuration option in the menuconfig to
specify the alignment, with a default value equal to the one used in
the current ubinize.cfg. Then, you change the ubinize.cfg to something
like:

vol_alignment=__BR_VOL_ALIGNMENT__

And then when the filesystem image is built, you copy this ubinize.cfg
somewhere, making the replacement of __BR_VOL_ALIGNMENT__ with the
value from the configuration, and you run ubinize with it.

Is this what you're looking for?

Thomas Petazzoni, Free Electrons