[Buildroot] udev build error solved : core dependency tar must be > 1.20

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Mon Mar 5 20:48:52 UTC 2012

 Thomas> Le Mon, 5 Mar 2012 18:01:16 +0100,
 Thomas> "Sagaert Johan" <sagaert.johan at skynet.be> a écrit :

 >> It seems the tar -J option was introduced with tar version 1.21
 >> I upgraded my host to the latest tar version (1.26) and now it udev
 >> 181 builds. Maybe this is something to check for in  the core
 >> dependencies check. My debian lenny had version 1.20 in its package
 >> list.

 Thomas> Or rather we should patch the udev code so that it doesn't use
 Thomas> -J, but instead bunzip2 + tar.

-J is xz, not bzip. I think the way forward is one or more of:

- Extend host-tar handling to build for tar<1.21
- Teach udev upstream a configure option to disable tests
- Convince udev upstream to use a basic .tar.gz for test

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard