[Buildroot] Q: webkit?

Vellemans, Noel Noel.Vellemans at visionBMS.com
Tue Mar 6 16:05:16 UTC 2012

Hi Gustavo

You won't believe it or not, but I got it compiled today, was using
"WebKitGTK+ 1.6.3" and I'm testing for X11.

I'm using an IMX53_loco board to test-drive it.
I must say it is NOT stable, meaning, that I get segmentation faults
often (don't have any clue 'at his time' how to trace/find the cause of
these segmentation faults.. :-( ).

I did have a lot of troubles with uClibc.0.9.32.x, compile-troubles
(threading, gettext/libintl.h... etc),
and finally I switched to uclibc 0.9.33 and this entire strange compile
errors (unknown types/defines.. etc) disappeared :-)

My plan was, to restart-all-over (because I've been changing, in 1001
places which probably was not necessary) to see if I was able to
reproduce my success-full compile cycle.
And, if I was able to reproduce the compile cyle I was going to trow a
message on the buildroot-list with my findings :-).

NOTE:  I'm only try-ing to build for X11 now, so, did not try for a
direct-fb version.

Regards
Noel