[Buildroot] [RFC] Request for comment for branch for-2012.05/misc-cleanups

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin+buildroot at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 07:06:23 UTC 2012

Hi Thomas,

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:34 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Hello,
>
> Here is a set of proposal that cleanup/re-organize a few parts of our
> main Makefiles. This is just the beginning of a cleanup of Makefile,
> package/Makefile.in and some other core parts of the
> infrastructure. Before going further, I'd like to see if the direction
> I'm taking is something that is considered to be useful and
> interesting.
>
> This set of patches is at the Request For Comment state, they are not
> yet intended to be committed, I need to do some further testing. The
> purpose is really to get some early feedback about them.

Thanks for this cleanup. I think the reorganization of the *targets
infrastructure and the move of its related bits from other files will
certainly make the whole cleaner. And I also like the removal of the
unneeded variables.

I tried validating these patches by grepping/reviewing the code, and I
don't really expect surprises related to broken stuff. But of course,
it's good that you do some further testing.