[Buildroot] add option to enable AI_ADDRCONFIG support

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Sun Mar 11 20:56:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

 Thomas> I don't know if this question has been asked in the past, but do you
 Thomas> know what is the binary size impact of enabling AI_ADDRCONFIG in
 Thomas> uClibc? If the impact is rather minimal, then I'd rather have it
 Thomas> enabled in our default configuration instead of adding yet another
 Thomas> toolchain config knob.

I believe it's a fairly small impact, but the problem is external uClibc
toolchains (made by BR, ct-NG or elsewhere) which most likely won't have
AI_ADDRCONFIG enabled, so mrouted (and gupnp) will fail at build time.

 Thomas> Anyway some comments about your patches (but don't work on updating
 Thomas> them before we decide if a new option is really needed) :

 Thomas>  * Your PATCH 1/2 also needs to address the cases of external
 Thomas>    toolchains and crosstool-ng toolchains ;

 Thomas>  * Your PATCH 2/2 should use a depends on rather than a select. We use
 Thomas>    depends on for all the dependencies of packages on toolchain
 Thomas>    options, together with a comment displayed when the toolchain
 Thomas>    options isn't present, so that the user is aware that mrouted is
 Thomas>    available, but only if AI_ADDRCONFIG is enabled as a toolchain
 Thomas>    option.

I agree.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard