[Buildroot] vsftpd

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:14:22 UTC 2012

Dear Markus:

This helps, thank you. Adding "listen=YES" to the /etc/vsftpd.conf
file gets from 'connection refused' to:

ckrinke at hwa:~$ ftp 10.1.15.129
Connected to 10.1.15.129.
500 OOPS: vsftpd: cannot locate user specified in 'ftp_username':ftp
ftp> quit
ckrinke at hwa:~$ ftp rude at 10.1.15.129
ftp: rude at 10.1.15.129: Name or service not knownftp>
ftp>
ftp>

Would you mind getting this "Noob for the Day" to the next step? That
is, I would expect users that exist on the PPC target to be valid ftp
users. I did "RTFM" man vsftpd.conf but missed the importance of
listen. I also dont see ftp_username in the man page, so my
understanding if a bit better, but still incomplete.

Charles

--
Charles Krinke